Friday, January 19, 2007

Our Approach to the Citadel of Hope

We pressed forward, systematically working our way through this evil brood. The Citadel of Hope was closer than ever. Major Rocksun, Private Hudson and I using the capabilities of our weapons to their fullest, deadliest extent. Eve played vanguard, any rushing Zerg couldn’t see her until it was too late. She also directed the six nuclear missiles with extreme accuracy. Though that does lead me to wonder how someone could qualify as a marksman with nuclear weapons. “Gee, you were off by a hundred meters, but it took out the target anyway, congratulations, you’re an expert!”

“That was the last nuke,” Rocksun said with little emotion as the mushroom cloud dissipated into the atmosphere. “It’s just going to be us from here on out.”

“Wouldn’t have it any other way,” I said with acerbic chuckle. “According to everything we’ve calculated, the Queen’s Castle should be just over that ridge.”

“I think you’re right,” Rocksun agreed. “Eve, can you check it out to see what’s over there?”

Eve decloaked next to Rocksun’s tank.

“I need to take a quick break,” she huffed. “It’s been a long day and I need time for my equipment to recharge.”

“Good idea,” Rocksun agreed. “Everybody take 5. There doesn’t seem to be anything around here, but stay alert nonetheless.”

“You got it,” I said as I stretched and shifted in the cockpit seat of my Goliath. “Got any beer?”

“Negative on that, Jon,” Rocksun chuckled back. “When this is all said and done, we’ll have to go out for a few.”

“You can count me in,” Eve added.

“We’re so close, man,” Hudson said from his Vulture cycle. “Why don’t I take a look ahead and let you know what I see.”

“Hudson, wait!” Rocksun called out, but the brash private revved his motor and was speeding towards his destination.

“Colonial Marines!” he shouted over the comm. “First to go, last to know!”

“That doesn’t even make sense,” Rocksun muttered.

“Most of what he says doesn’t make sense,” I replied. “All part of his charm.”

“Aw heck yeah! I am the ultimate badboy! Check it out!” Hudson laughed while kicking up dirt. “State of the art! I’ll kick your butt and you’ll like it. Time to—ulp! Oh man!”

“What is it?” I quickly charged up the small hill in my Goliath. The articulated legs skidded to a halt when I saw what was ahead.

“Game over, man,” Hudson wailed.

“Looks like they saved the best for last,” I cracked. “There’s quite an infestation problem here, Major. We’re in big trouble.”

“How big could it be?” the officer replied as his tank rumbled towards us. “We already worked through most of their—aw geez.”





6 comments:

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

So what's a few ... hundred .... thousand zerg? Nothing to worry aobut, just drop another Nuke on them and .... What you don't have any nukes? Oh well, I for one will prasie our new zerg overlords.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Why does everyone keep walking behind Eve...as if I didn't know!

Danny Bailey said...

Hudson looks hot on the Vulture cycle


really hot

Private Hudson said...

I always look hot, be-yotch! Haw haw.

Summer Dawn O'Ciardha said...

In the famous and wise words of a very good actor named Jackie Chan, "Bad Day! Bad Day! Bad Day!"

Vegeta said...

Bah! they had just better hope I do not run into them !