Friday, June 30, 2006

Summer of Compliments

After a short deliberation, I have decided to follow along with the Complimenting Commenter's Summer of Compliments.

The goal is to compliment 100 people over the summer and that means I'll be giving out sincere commendations to my Jr. Intergalactic Gladiators for the next few months. I'll also be giving them out to some of my real-life friends and associates along the way.

Of course you may join in if you like, but you certainly don't have to if you don't want. I just feel that I want to add something positive to this world. I think that we could use it.

So to keep track of my compliments, I will be updating this entry frequently; I may even link it on my sidebar. Below are the people who have received complements from me:

1. Complimenting Commenter (I figure since it's his idea, he gets one first)
2. My wife Patricia
3. My daughter Kiera
4. My dog Shamrock (I can compliment my dog, right?)
5. Fluke Starbucker
6. Master Yoda
7. Captain Picard
8. General Grievous
9. Movie critic Peter Sobczynski
10. Professor Xavier
11. JawaJuice
12. Local henchman
13. Lt. Commander Oneida
14. Simon
15. Carmi
16. Padme
17. Novi
18. Michele Agnew
19. Army of Clone
20. Local Henchman
21. Captain Typho
22. Qui-Gon Jinn
23. Wedge Antillies
24. Sun Times columnist Zay Smith
25. Erifia Apoc
26. Yo También Te Mando Besos
27. Anthony at Carmax
28. Chris Ryall from Comics101.
29. Scott Tipton from Comics101.
30. Scott Bowden from Comics101.
31. Joshua Jabcuga from Comics101.
32. Mark Engblom from Comics101.
33. My sister Laurie.
34. Jango Fett
35. Gaia
36. Dan Savage
37. The clerk from Petsmart.
38. Gyrobo
39. Karnov
40. Captain Koma
41. The Martian Manhunter
42. Phoenix
43. Useless Advice from Useless Men
44. Flying Booger
45. Question of the Day
46. Vegeta
47. Jaina Solo
48. Gregg Easterbrook
49. Dave's Longbox
50. My mom.
51. E) None of The Above
52. Barriss Offee
53. My friend Jim
54. Lori's World
55. Senor Cheeseburger
56. Dark Jedi Kriss
57. Deadpool
58. My friend Dennis
59. Lady, that's my skull
60. j00{z
61. My friend Dave
62. My friend Lance.
63. JabaFatboy
64. Aayla Secura
65. Aayla Secura
66. Chancelor Palpatine
67. Anakin Skywalker
68. NandeHi
69. Blockade Boy
70. Fred the Fox
71. Military Jake
72. Noel
73. Dance of the Puppets
74. Cardbored knight
75. Spider-Man
76. My sister Nancy
77. Larry Mayer
78. Richard Roeper
79. Robert Feder
80. Epsilon 775
81. Iceman
82. Beast
83. Dr. Doom
84. The Incredible Hulk
85. Emma Frost
86. Tech Tips
87. Jerry Markbreit
88. The Absorbascon
89. Jonathon Brandmeier
90. I Watch Stuff
91. The Superficial
92. The O'Ciardha Clan
93. Jinx Miakoda
94. Mike Mulligan
95. My brother-in-law Paul
96. Phobia
97. David Haugh
98. Roger Ebert
99. Kristi Roth
100. My dad

OK, here's a little something extra. There is a new Spider-Man movie coming out and I found a great teaser trailer for it online. I hope you enjoy it. Click here.


Also, here is a film of one of my Intergalactic Gladiator fight sequences. Yeah, I do take on a lot of guys and I guess I go over the top a little, but you know, I was saving the damsel in distress or something. Click here.

20 comments:

kenju said...

It is a great idea to follow the summer of compliments. I try to be complimentary all the time, especially when it is merited.
Michele sent me!

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

OMG. You kicked @ss on those ... uhhh ... those ... what the heck were those things? Anyhow, you did some serious Galdiatorating on them. It looked like the work of a young James T. Kirk.

and that is not a compliment, just a statement of fact.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Yeah, except when I totally layed the proverbial smackdown, I didn't rip my short or nothin'

Yo Tambien Te Mando Besos said...

Hi Jon!
I already said I love your name... but I do!!! Could I be a Jr. Intergalactic Gladiator? Or even cadet?

Here from Michele's today... but will haunt back!!!

Professor Xavier said...

Is this like one of those Karma things?

Professor Xavier said...

For some reason I couldn't get Queens - Flash, He'll Save Everyone of Us - out of my head while your heroic video was playing.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Can a starship Captain be a Junior Gadiator?

Professor Xavier said...

The answer is yes. Here's the proof -

http://static.flickr.com/55/179952861_c4fd5e44cd_m.jpg


If I knew how to hotlink in the comments, I would have.

Shannon said...

Cool! Thanks for the compliment, Jon.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Jon!

November Rain said...

omg I am on the list blush thanks that is an honor

J'onn J'onzz, Martian Manhunter said...

10 more and you're half way.

Unknown said...

Thanks Jon, I really appreciate that! It means a lot to me that there are some who appreciate my questions site!

Anonymous said...

Thank-you so much Jon! It's nice to be rewarded for the work on my blog. :D

Lori said...

Thank you so much Jon.....This is a great idea....Back at YOU!!!

Have a great day!!!

Heidi said...

Thank you very much Jon, this came at the perfect time. I have been really needing a boost and you provided it. My sincere gratitude is all yours. Thank you for thinking of me. :)

Iceman said...

Thank you for the compliement

No-No said...

thanx for the compliment! that's so cool :D

Anonymous said...

All pizza places of USA http://pizza-us.com/wisconsin/Madison/Glass%20Nickel%20Pizza%20Co/53705/

Find your best pizza.

Anonymous said...

Overview of US restaurants. Applebee%27s Neighborhood Grill