Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Jo Jo the Movie Focus Group


We showed a screening of the Jo Jo movie to a select and diverse group of volunteers. Sinew Nu, Jo Jo Sr. and I watched their reactions to the movie. After the showing, the three of us spoke with the group to get their reactions.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

"OK people," said Sinew Nu. "What do you think of the basic story that you just saw?"

"A great story about a Monkeyboy. Howya like dem apples?" said Popo the Monkeyboy.

"I liked it," said HelmeTess, Acolyte to the goddess of Helmets.

"That movie was really swell! I like when they flew to the moon!" said Astromite.
"The Gaijun Monkeyboy was very heroic. Him saving that city from a giant monster was very exciting," said Captain Shogun.

"It sucked," said Goth Girl.

"Hmmm, OK," said Sinew Nu. "What scene really grabbed you?"
"The first time he said his catchphrase, that really cracked me up. Howya like dem apples?" said Popo.
"Like I said, when he defended Japan from the sludge monster. Also, that chase scene. Very exciting," said Captain Shogun.
"When Jo Jo slipped on that banana peel, that was so funny! I also liked when Jo Jo was on that bike with Elliot and they flew in front of the moon," said Astromite.
"Seeing cameos of well-known characters was quite interesting," said Gyrobo.
"Like cookies," said Cookie Monster.
"When Jo Jo sacrificed himself at the end, that was really sad. I almost cried a little," said Elixer.
"It sucked," said Goth Girl.

"Interesting," Sinew Nu looked down at his notes. "OK, what part of it didn't work for you? If you could change one part, what would it be?"
"More cookies!" said Cookie Monster.
"I loved every single pin-it minute innit. Howya like dem apples?" said Popo.
"I might have included a task from the Goddess of Helmets. He could then earn a reward from her -- a helmet!" said HelmeTess.
"That movie was swell! I wouldn't change a thing!" said Astromite.
"Did he like bananas? That song where he sang about all the banana-related products seemed a little subtle," said Captain Shogun.
"If I were you, I'd take all the film and burn it. That movie was la-ame. It sucked," said Goth Girl.
"Excellent," smiled Sinew Nu. "Gentlemen, I think we have ourselves a hit."

"Yippee yo yahoo-ieee ieee iee!" exclaimed Jo Jo Sr.

"What about what that Goth Girl was saying?" I asked. "Don't you think she made a valid point?"

"What, about it 'sucking?'" he chuckled. "What does she know? She's just a grumpy teenager. She's probably a mutant or something, they always have issues."
"Hey!" said Elixer.

8 comments:

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

I like the scene were the Naked Midget Eskimos blew up the Ice Cream truck with a piece of whale bone, hand lotion and a copies of "the Best of Blossom" DVD. That was so wizard.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

My favorite Blossom episode is when she has this one issue and she talks to her dad, then he says something to make her feel better, then they hug. Somewhere in there Joey says "Whoa" as well.

Darv said...

"whoa!"

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

It is a proven fact that if grumpu teenage Jedi don't get 12 hours of sleep, they'll cut someones hand off.

Gyrobo said...

It doesn't bother me at all. Not in the least. Nope.

Now, I must return to my mission: putting copies of Windows XP, Apple OSX, and Linux Ubuntu into a microwave to create the best composite operating system ever. I shall call it Oxglove, and it will be artificially intelligent but incapable of love.

Anonymous said...

I think we should listen to the teen

Professor Xavier said...

You never know it could be a real sleeper. As in - it puts people to sleep.

Darv said...

...or maybe to protect him from the Terrible Secret of Space.