Monday, June 05, 2006

Stalked?

Yep, Last Gladiator Standing is going very well. So well, in fact, that if I were wont to do it, I would light up and smoke a big fat cigar and smoke it in celebration.

Still, something just doesn't feel right. It's nothing concrete; I can't put my finger on it, but there seems to be something wrong.

I looked around, Hudson was standing over a catering table, eating a donut and chatting up some of the crew for the show. Some of the contestants were relaxing in front of the camera or giving voiceovers for the sound guys. J'onn Sinew Nu, being the guy who actually would stand around smoking a stogie, was doing just that, beaming with pride at the hard work everyone else was doing.

I couldn't see anything out of the ordinary, or at least what passes for ordinary on Hacknor, but I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being watched. Looking around suspiciously, I decided to make a break for it. I casually walked up to my ship, the Danger Sled and made it look like I was getting into it.

Instead, I flew off on a hovercycle and sent my ship into orbit with my Wristcomm. I raced towards Fire Island Echo (Actually an isthmus) and maneuvered into the parking lot of the promenade. Keeping a sharp eye out, I made my way to the top level, then looked around trying to see anyone who might be following me.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

I don't see anybody, though. What's going on here, anyway?

Oh yeah, speaking of donut:

You Are a Powdered Devil's Food Donut

A total sweetheart on the outside, you love to fool people with your innocent image.
On the inside you're a little darker, richer, and more complex.
You're a hedonist who demands more than one pleasure at a time.
Decadent and daring, you test the limits of human indulgence.

5 comments:

Jardena said...

Decadent and Daring? Wow, I'd never have guessed you were a hedonistic donut, Jon. The things I learn

Anonymous said...

You Are a Boston Creme Donut
You have a tough exterior. No one wants to mess with you.
But on the inside, you're a total pushover and completely soft.
You're a traditionalist, and you don't change easily.
You're likely to eat the same doughnut every morning, and pout if it's sold out.

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

Vampi, I was a Boston Cream also. Very odd indeed.

Jon: You know what they call people who think someone is always out to get them don't you? ... that's right: perceptive.

Skywalker said...

I was a glazed donut.
Did you say stalker? Hum, I can relate.

Professor Xavier said...

Sounds like a match!