Friday, May 27, 2005

Kids Say And/Or Do The Darndest Things



This last weekend, we were at party at my mother-in-law's for some family friends. As the evening wore on, Kiera, my three-year-old daughter started to get tired.

When Kiera gets tired, she plucks at her eyelid with her fingers. On this particular night, she had a wooden pinwheel in her hand so she was poking her eyelid with the stick end of it.

"Don't poke your eye with that, Kiera," I told her. "Or we'll have to replace your eye with a grape."

"Nuh uh," she replies. "I'll just get a new eye."

"Where are you going to get a new eye?" I asked.

"At the Eye Store," she says matter-of-factly, as if she had been to the Eye Store hundreds of times.

I have to chuckle to myself, there are no Eye Stores here, maybe on Belgon IV, but not here.

3 comments:

Nic said...

Jon, she's beautiful. Fun blog!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

There are lots of eyesores, but no eyestores. Unless you count the one Dr Soong got Data's eye from.

millennium hippies said...

lol how cute! my kids would probably say "walmart". well let me ask them...
...okay so my son said if he lost his eyeball he would find it. then if he couldn't he would look in the forest. then he'd ask me for my help. then he'd need a superhero. he's not giving up on finding his eyeball, so i guess a replacement at walmart or the eye store won't be necessary. gotta give the kid some credit for perserverance!

found you through JLPicard...found your profile name amusing/interesting.

have a great weekend!