Thursday, July 20, 2006

Makin' my way towards the Jango James Gang

I walked for a day but it felt like it was far longer than that. Eventually, I made my way to a rocky ridge and I saw the Jango James Gang’s encampment. I counted five men with guns and one unarmed woman. She must have been their prisoner or something because she just stood there as Diablo Lobo, Boris Angus and the other gang members waved their guns and yelled at her.

I looked further and saw my steed meandering around the camp as well. The outlaws must have brought her back with them. That was fortunate for me. It’s going to cost me a bundle for the rental when I finally get her back, but right now I need her.

I whistled loudly and the robotic horse neighed and bucked up into the air, knocking over two of the outlaws. I fired my pistols from my position, shooting the guns from the other’s hands. The woman began yelling in the ensuing confusion and waving her arms around in the air.

I sprinted from my position and leaped up on my steed. She bucked again and knocked over two more gang members. I scooped up the woman and rode hard back towards town, the last outlaw tumbling out of the way as we rode past him.

“Shoot ‘um!” yelled one.

“Dang it!” howled Diablo as he picked himself up off the ground. “Go get them!”

Boris managed to recover his rifle and fired at us, but the shots sailed over our heads.

“Yah, Mule, yah yah!” I called, kicking the steed in her metallic side. The woman bounced around on the back as we galloped hard and fast. We rode for an hour, finally slowing down along a ridge so I can watch for the approach of the desperados. After bringing the horse to a stop, I lowered the woman off. I dismounted myself, then took a momment to catch my breath.

“That…” she managed to say. “Was amazing!”

“Aw, ‘twernt nothin,’ ma’am,” I managed to answer. “All in a day’s work.”

“You didn’t even tell me your name,” she stepped closer towards me.

“My name is Jon,” I replied. “I’m a lawman,”

“The way you handled your guns,” she said admiringly. “Such marksmanship. Such bravery.”

“Like I said,” I grinned as she stepped even closer. “All in a day’s work.”

“I just wanted to say…” She leaned close to my ear. “I wanted to thank you for…”

Her warm breath danced across my cheek and past my ear. Her lips came closer.

Wait a minute.

I chopped at her hand near my side. A vibroknife dropped to the ground.

I grabbed her wrist and twisted it up away from me. She tried to hit me with her other hand, but I easily blocked it.

“Not smart,” I growled at her. “What’s with the knife?”

“You really don’t know who I am, do you?” she answered, her disgust rising. “I’m Jango James, you idiot!”

5 comments:

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

You wear a beekeeper mask, have robot arms and you summon dark beasts and you say this is too weird for you?

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

So are you saying you didn't geta kiss, cuz I would let someone stab me if I got to kiss them. In fact many women have said they would stab me if I tried to kiss them.

And Jango is a women's name. Who knew?

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Everything looks normal from where I am.

Darv said...

Who is this Jango James fellow?

Professor Xavier said...

Ooh, a cross-dresser. Yucky.