Monday, February 11, 2008

I've been hanging around



I was grasping desperately to the clock. The Dreadnoks threw me out the window and I was lucky that I didn’t make a big mess on the street below. I’m not out of trouble yet, though. Clearly this clock hand wasn’t designed to be dangled from like this.

I’ll have to climb up and then get my feet onto the window ledge to my side, all I have to do is…

Be careful that the whole clock face doesn’t tear loose and take me down with it.

I stretched my left leg out to try to get my foot on the ledge but I couldn’t quite make it. I heaved my legs to the right, then threw them to my left again and stretched. The clock face gave a disapproving groan and I felt it give just a little bit more but I also felt my toe tap on the ledge. I stretched some more, and just as I felt the clock face tear loose, I urgently threw myself to the window and managed to grab the frame.

I swear that I heard oohs and ahhs from a crowd below, but I dared not look down. Don’t look down is what they always say, right? I steadied myself in the window and then climbed up into it.

The three Dreadnoks were congratulating each other and walking to the door with their backs to me.

“Another job well done, eh mate?” Ripper laughed.

“Har, I bet Zartan’ll give us a big bonus for this one, eh?” Torch added. “We c’n celebrate with some frosty root beers!”

“’Ow about grape sodas instead?” Buzzer suggested.

“Even better, mate!”

“Not so fast.”

The three bikers turned around, shocked to see me standing there.

“Wha--!?” Ripper yelped.

“Looks like we still have a job to finish.” Buzzer turned towards me with a malicious grin on his face. His comrades flanked him with their own malicious, albeit somewhat dumber, grins.

“Now normally I would say something clever and then launch myself into you three goons,” I said. “I’m a little worn out and it’s getting late so I think I’ll just do this.”

I fired my sonic disrupter at them. The trio howled in pain and clutched their ears. They dizzily stood there holding their ears as I stalked up to them. I dispatched Ripper and Torch with a simultaneous left and right to their jaws. Buzzer’s face grew white.

“Heh heh, remember it was just a job, right mate?”

“Right,” I answered as I heaved my fist back. “Try not to take this personally.”

He fell back against the wall and crumpled to the ground from my right hook. I dusted my hands together and let myself grin as I admired my handiwork. I also noticed the radio that I had used against Buzzer’s face earlier had been on and was transmitting. I quickly dialed up the Danger Sled and had it triangulate where this signal was going. When I got confirmation that my ship’s sensors triangulated the signal, I shot the radio with my blaster Betsy.

Now I’ll just hook up with my ship and head out to investigate this—

“Freeze! Don’t move!”

Then again, maybe I won’t.

6 comments:

Justice said...

good the police maybe they can find out who stole your foot in this sentence... I suppose it was your foot that is missing

I felt it give just a little bit more but I also felt my to tap on the ledge.

Justice said...

Oh forgot to say I hope they catch them because they have stolen loads of words, scrambled words and misspelled words in my blog a lot

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Ooops, that to should be toe. Th Dradnoks must b staling all th e's!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Threats can be persuasive.

Vegeta said...

So They celebrate victories with soda? Bah! Losers!

Dr. Zaius said...

Betty Blaster? I've met her! She left a trail of men in her wake.