Monday, February 04, 2008

Washington DC

I quickly flew to Washington in the Danger Sled to investigate Zartan’s clue. Problem is, I don’t know what I’m looking for and I hardly consider myself a detective. Sure I solved the Murder on the Orion Express a little while ago, but investigative work really isn’t my thing. On top of that, I’m still kicking myself for letting Zartan go. Who knows where he is now.

“Any luck, Jon?” Professor Xavier’s voice crackled on my Wristcomm. “Did you find what Zartan was talking about?”

“Negative, Professor,” I replied over the radio. “He said when it’s time for a change, where would I go. All I know is the key to it is time.”

“Perhaps there is a watch shop somewhere,” Xavier suggested. “It would be a good place to start.”

“I thought about that and even though there could be dozens of them in the city, I guess I have to start somewhere,” I answered. “Thing is, how do I know Zartan’s not throwing me off the trail with this clue?”

“He was being honest, or at least as honest as a fellow like he gets,” the telepath assured me. “The psionic blocker that he was wearing was damaged during your little round of fisticuffs in the alley.”

“Fine, so he’s telling the truth,” I answered. “Why even give me a cryptic clue in the first place?”

“If you find him again, perhaps you could ask him that very question,” Professor X replied over the radio.

“I’ll be sure to do that,” I said dryly. “Another thing I want to know is, why would Zartan try to take down my ship while he was in it? The damage on the Danger Sled was clearly from an attack.”

“The obvious answer is that he wasn’t involved with it,” Xavier responded. “If whomever hired him to kill you and take your place was the one who attacked your ship, I’m fairly certain that Zartan didn’t know about it.”

“Yeah,” I nodded. Yes I know that Xaiver couldn’t see my nod but I did it anyway. Don’t tell me you’ve never gestured while talking on the phone. “I think you’re right.”

“Back to the issue at hand,” he continued. “The clue about time, it would be wise of you to locate a phone book and look up watch and clock shops. It will take time but the quicker you move to eliminate all the—Jon are you listening to me?”

“Hold on, Professor. I think I see what Zartan was talking about.”

8 comments:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

No time to lose!

Ookami Snow said...

The statue in the picture, he points the way!

Anonymous said...

So you see his clue wasn't that hard after all...

Darv said...

I still don't know if I am going to vote for the Giant Douch or the Turd Sammich.

Professor Xavier said...

Nah, too obvious.

Anonymous said...

But what if he really said "clue lock" so you should be checking out locksmiths!

Unknown said...

Hi:

My name is William and I am CEO of the blog, www.Joboja.Blogspot.com . I look at your website regularly and I think it is good. In fact I have bookmarked it. I would like to partner and trade links with you. I am based in Chicago and I receive traffic locally as well as from all over the world. I hope to hear back from you soon and if you have any questions please let me know. If you decide to trade links with us please send back your web address and how you would like your site's name to be listed. Until then have a great day.

Best Regards,
William Parker
CEO, Joboja
jobojablogspot@gmail.com
(773) 835-0188

Dr. Zaius said...

Time and tide wait for no man...