Monday, May 19, 2008

Dogfight!

I was upon Dr. Nemonok’s stealthship in no time. I quickly intercepted it and fired at it with my ship’s cannons.

“Dr. Nemonok, this is Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator,” I called out over the radio. “Surrender your ship and you will not be destroyed.”

“Very well, Gladiator. There’s just one thing… this!”

“Nice try, but I marked you with those last shots,” I replied. “Going stealth won’t hide you from my sensors.”

“That is quite the sneaky trick, old friend. I suppose that I will have to dispose of you the old fashioned way.”

Nemonok’s ship turned over in the air and he fired his own energy weapons at me. I dodged and weaved and avoided the retaliation, then let him have a few more shots to let him know I mean business.

“I’m serious, Nemonok,” I announced. “Land your craft or I’ll force you down.”

“You won’t knock me out of the skies so easily, fool. You do realize the precious cargo that I am carrying, don’t you?”

“I imagine that it’s a couple cans of dome wax for that big jar of yours.” My comm system pinged my with another message. “Hold on.”

“What? You’re in the middle of aerial combat with me and you just decide to take another call?”

“I said hold please.” I clicked him off and brought up the message. Why it’s a meme from that fowl dog of an ape, Dr. Zaius. I suppose that I have no choice but to answer it.


* The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.

* Each player answers the questions about himself or herself.

* At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

1. Ten years ago I was:

Well, I wasn’t an Intergalactic Gladiator, that’s for sure. I was merely gladiating for state and local municipalities.

2. Five Things on Today's To Do List:

Hmm, get Paxton to daycare.
Get Kiera to school.
Get to work
Do work
Get home

3. Things I'd do if I were a billionaire:

I would produce Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator: The Movie. Come on, you know you’d want to see that.

4. Three Bad Habits:

I am awfully cluttered. I’m not a slob per se, but there’s just a lot of stuff that needs to be cleaned up.
I sometimes get annoyed with some of the characteristics that my daughter Kiera displays despite the fact that they’re very much like my own.
BrickBreaker on my Wirstcomm.


5. Five Places I've lived:

Chicago, IL; Charleston, IL; Istanbul, Ft Bragg, NC, Ft. Gordon GA

6. Five Jobs I've had in life:

• Intergalactic Gladiator
• Single Channel Radio Operator/ Satellite Radio Operator/maintainer
• PR Intern
• Inspector of Weights and Measures for the State of Illinois
• Pizza delivery
Let’s see, who shall I tag? Novi, Professor X (I know you’re just a brain in a jar right now, just do your best), Vegeta, Captain Koma, and Ciera.

With that little bit of business out of the way, I turned my full attention to my dogfight with Nemonok, only to discover that there was some sort of energy bubble envelop my nemesis. Before I could do anything else, the craft completely disappeared off my scopes.

Blast, he warped away.

4 comments:

November Rain said...

"I would produce Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator: The Movie. Come on, you know you’d want to see that."

actually I would okay your me me is up

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Novy has subjected me to this meme as well.

Chroma said...

Koma says he's not going to do your meme. And I hate the Scarlet Witch.

Dr. Zaius said...

"Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator: The Movie"? I'd pay to see that movie! (I'll bet that the special effects are awesome!)