Thursday, April 06, 2006

Murder on the Orion Express, the plot thickens

Thirty-five minutes. Armed with the information from Jan's search, I headed back towards the cabin.

"Look out!" I heard a scream. I looked up and saw another probe. The murderer must be mad, activating that thing in here. It flew straight for me and an armature slid out from either side of it.

"Oh oh," I thought out loud. That thing seems a little more heavily armed than your average Hyperspace Probe. I dove out of the way just as it fired some sort of dart at me.

The dart struck the wall occupying the space just behind my head. The molecular acid contained within the projectile darkened the wall where it stuck.

The probe switched tactics and started firing a wider angle stun blast at me. Again, I dove out of the way, but the beam grazed my foot. My foot started to tingle and I couldn't put weight on it.

"That thing just started flying around the cabin!" Frondal Niptu called out from behind a seat. "It's been swooping around all of us, get it out of here!"

"Help us, Earthman!" called Gollux of Gollus. "That thing will kill us all!"

The probe strafed past me again, I rolled under a chair to avoid its attack. Von Ryans dove left and right as it arced around past them. It was definitely gunning for me. Guess I'm just a little too close for my own good.

The probe swooped by me again, I scrunched up to avoid the energy attacks. A different noise filled my ears, it was a blaster of some sort. I looked up and saw smoke and sparks popping out of its left armature. Jan was against the door to the cockpit, a blaster in her hands.

I fired the cable launcher from my Wristcomm. The harpoon tip pierced the droid's shell and I spun it around by the cable, slamming it into the bulkhead. The droid started beeping in distress until Jan silenced it with several more blasts.

"I certainly don't want to get probed like that again," I said.

"Luckily I was able to open the weapons locker," Jan rested the butt of the rifle on her hip.

"And I've got all the information that I need. Let's go get that murderer."

8 comments:

Master Yoda said...

I hope a refund from the spaceline you get.

Anonymous said...

A refund !!! I dont think so, yer gonna have ta pay fer that wall the acid ate up, and the blast residue is everywhere !

This is gonna be expensive !!

Hey ya dont get a free pass on HUTTAIR .

Besides , Gotta pay my taxes !

Professor Xavier said...

Well, I guess getting violated by an alien probe could have been worse.

This is kind of like that TV series 24. Each post covers a minute of real time.

Jawa Juice said...

One probe and ya know whodunit?
Don't ya wanna wait around for another probe to attack you...just to make sure?

Jawa Juice said...

Wedge: Big ego and small head?
I was no where near them...I was in the baggage compartment.

Anonymous said...

lol at JJ


Jon the buttler did it

actually it was someone he didnt question someone we didnt see a surprise ending person

Darv said...

The thick, plottens!

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

So Jan shot the thing that probed you? very intresting and just a little kinky.