Friday, July 01, 2005

Friday Fun

Alright everybody listen up and listen good. For today let's all talk like 20's-era gangsters, see. It's a lot of fun, pal, and don't you think it won't be. Let me tell you how it's done, and don't you forget it.

First you gotta have the hook, see? Get yourself a phrase that you like, pally, and use it to get yourself into the right frame of mind. Thy these phrases and see what you think:

"Say pal, what's shakin'?"

"Why I aughta pound you!"

"Why I aughta (shake back of hand at other person), maybe I will."

"You say Joey's the cat's pajamas, well that's just applesauce."

"That hoofer's got great gams."

"The heat's on Al, buddy. The flatfoot's gonna pinch him but good!"

"I got no beef with you, but I'm not gonna be the fall guy, pal."

Remember, the proper term for woman is either dame, skirt or moll .

If all else fails, see. Just start saying "see" all the time, see, like Edward G. Robinson, see?

Give it a try today, it'll be jake. Don't fergit to say "23 skidoo" when you see something keen at the gin joint.

Update
Aayla mentioned me in her blog, see. You can see it right here and you'll read it if you know what's good for ya, pal.

1 comment:

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I've got my gat packed away, see, so don't watch it, you dirty rat, or it'll be concrete overalls, see.