Thursday, September 07, 2006

Fashion Show

I had everyone in my court gathered together and there was a runway or "catwalk" built just so my models could show their "stuff." My compliments to the Royal Carpenters. Everyone was speaking to each other in hushed tones as Senator Amidala and I sat elevated over them in our special seats.

"Oh, this is going to be exciting!" Padmé clapped her hands together. "Having a show like this is so cool. I'm sure everyone will appreciate the effort we went through putting this together."

"I too am excited," I answered. "Everyone here should indeed enjoy the show."

With that the lights dimmed and a spotlight hit the curtains.

"Here is Major Rocksun," I said into the microphone. "Here he is all business sporting his combat gear, armor, and ceremonial knife. On duty, Major Rocksun is a real officer."

"But off duty he is a gentleman," I continued. "He's got his smoking jacket and a comfortable pair of slacks."

"Here's Special Agent to the Throne Private Hudson. He's got his pulse rifle and a shotgun for the close encounters..."

"Private Hudson is always ready for action," I announced. "He's got his armor and his helmet, everything he's wearing is very functional, but what could he add for just a touch of pizzazz?"

"That's right, a cape. It's fabulous!"

"This is one of my Royal Bodyguards Gunnter. This is all I've ever seen him wear, but he's spectacular in it!"

"Here's the hero to the common beings of the galaxy and Intergalactic Gladiator, Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator. He's sporting a unique Wristcomm, two blaster pistols and with his comfortable but functional outfit, he's ready for action."

"Speaking of action, here's Jon dressed like the Man of Action that he is. This is what he calls his 'Real American Hero' uniform. I am not exactly sure what that is, but it looks great!"

"This is Jon's final oufit, he says that it is his spy uniform. Personally, I don't think it is very functional as a spy should probably be dressed to blend in to his or her environment. This looks like it sticks out wherever he might go. Despite this, he looks marvelous in it!"

"And now, what everyone has been waiting for!" Padmé took the microphone. "Queen Galacta IX is now ready to show everyone her new outfit!"

I stepped onto the catwalk and everyone gasped in astonishment. The gasps quickly turned to cheering and applause. What a wonderful feeling! I felt just like a queen -- a beauty queen!

5 comments:

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

I was worred there for a minute. I thought that was Jon in the pink and purple outfit.

Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator said...

Not quite. If I were to wear anything (other than the cool stuff I was already wearing), it would be the awesome smoking jacket. That would come in handy the next time I perform my lounge act.

Kristi said...

What? No one was auf'd???

Professor Xavier said...

Yo, Jon!!

captain koma said...

Loved the version of me. But I'm not that much of a gun person. It does make this hard as I see all the characters have their hands weapons compatible only.

Oh well. Its a good likeness. Lin wants one too.

Koma