Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Shopping Trip with Senator Amidala, part II

The location: Mall of the Galaxies on Commerce Planet

The personnel: Queen Galacta and Senator Amidala

The mission: Shopping

The food: Dippin' Dots, the ice cream of the future

After a quick snack break, we were back to trying on clothes.

"Oh my God," Padmé sighed. "You can totally wear this when you go to pilates."

"Pilates?"

"I rather like this outfit," I said. "It is very functional. Though again, I cannot wear this to the formal affairs."

"You look so sneaky and deadly in that," the senator added. "And the colors look so good on you."

"I am not sure if this outfit is 'me.' I can, however, wear it when visiting the planet of Amazons."

"A planet with only women?" Padmé was taken aback by the thought. "No thank you."

"Oh I love this so much!" my companion shrieked. "You can totally wear this when you go clubbing! You'll have to beat all the men off with a stick!"

"And that is what I want to do?"

"This outfit does not work for me," I stated flatly. "It looks like it was put together by a four-year-old girl."

"Totally."

"I really like this one," I admired myself in the mirror. "It is comfortable and functional."

"But this just looks like your other outfit, only a different color," she protested.

"This is true," I agreed. "But sometimes you just don't mess with the classics."

Later as we were heading out into the parking lot, I started to understand the appeal of trying on new garments. Perhaps it was the fun that I had with my new friend or the slight sugar buzz generated by the cinnamon bun that caused me to generate a great idea.

"I had a very enjoyable experience," I said to her. "I will have to try this again in the near future."

"Oh yes," Senator Amidala agreed. "This was so fun. Maybe you should come to my galaxy sometime. There is this great mall on Alderaan that we can go to!"

"I have a better idea," I said. "This was such an engaging time for us that I am going to command some of my troops to try on new attire as well."

"You mean that you are going to send them here?"

"No," I smiled. "I have a better idea. We will make them come to us with their new outfits."

"Do you mean --?"

"That's right," I nodded.

"Fashion show!" we squealed to each other in unison.

5 comments:

Gyrobo said...

Flossome!

Professor Xavier said...

Looks like they've found the new stars of The Simple Life.

Anonymous said...

Its Gonna Be Closet remodelin time for somebody

Skywalker said...

p*shakes head* That girl of mine.

A Army Of (Cl)One said...

*start humming "I'm too sexy" by Right Said Fred, while throwing pouty looks at the duo*