Every hero has a special weapon. Something used when he or she responds to the call to action. From the Jedi lightsaber, to John Rambo's survival knife, to Fonzie's leather jacket. The specialized equipment often becomes a part of who the hero is. Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator is no exception.
The Wristcomm is built by Hyperspace Armor and Lasers in conjunction with outerRIM and was originally intended for military use, though it never actually got into large-scale production. The device features several standard options and is modular so different components can be added or removed per mission requirements.
1. The Voice-Data Input/Output device is built by outerRIM and includes phone, email and InterN.E.T access. The device snaps into place on the Wristcomm or onto a belt holster and has an independent power source. OuterRIM, however, is currently facing patent litigation in the galactic courts and so the company's future is in question.
2. The main body of the device houses the CPU and rechargeable power source. The outer layer is composed of thin layers of space age polymers sandwiched between space titanium and is resistant to shock, pressure, and temperature extremes.
3. Sonic Stunner, the weapon of choice for Jon. The sonic emitter generates variable frequencies designed to incapacitate it's target.
4. Mini harpoon and cable launcher. The harpoon can be fired with or without the 500 pound test line. The monofilament cable spools behind the launcher, underneath the CPU.
5. Hidden storage compartment. Holds a throwing knife, a multi-blade screwdriver, breath mints or any other device that Jon may need for a mission. Intergalactic Serial Bus connections allow additional devices such as sensors, laser weapons or a nail gun to be attached.
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Posted by Jon the Intergalactic Gladiator at 07:35